You are invited to attend a meeting to help complete the update of the Hazard Mitigation Plan in your county. Elected officials, emergency managers, public works directors, planners, school personnel and the public are all encouraged to attend.
The plan, prepared every five years, helps cities, counties, school districts, colleges and local jurisdictions reduce risks from future disaster events by identifying mitigation actions they might take.
Jurisdictions who do this planning are eligible to apply for federal grant funds through the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
This is the second round of planning meetings, and will provide an overview of the capabilities assessment for the five-county area and discuss possible goals and strategies to reduce risks from five priority hazards.
- Cass County — Wednesday, Dec. 18, 2–4 p.m., Raymore Riverview Community Center, 227 Municipal Circle, Raymore, Missouri
- Clay County — Monday, Dec. 16, 1–3 p.m., Clay County Public Health Center, 800 Haines, Liberty, Missouri
- Jackson County — Friday, Dec. 13, 9–11 a.m., Grandview Community Center, 13500 Byars Road, Grandview, Missouri
- Platte County — Wednesday, Dec. 11, 9–11 a.m., Platte County Resource Center, 11724 N.W. Plaza Circle, Kansas City, Missouri
- Ray County — Thursday, Dec. 5, 2–4 p.m., Ray County Library, 215 E. Lexington Street, Richmond, Missouri