MARC’s Department of Early Learning recently received grant funding from the Kauffman Foundation to support a quality improvement project for early learning centers from now until June 30, 2021.
Throughout this project, MARC staff and qualified coaches will work with 10 small, licensed early learning centers in Missouri to improve the centers’ learning environments and business practices.
Participating programs will receive:
- Health and safety resources and guidance.
- Support to navigate state programs.
- Resources to create a successful child care business.
- Tools to create a developmentally rich environment.
- Individualized administrative and classroom support that are:
- Personalized to the center’s goals and interests.
- Customized for children attending each center.
- Ideas for engaging classroom activities.
- Free books, toys and safety supplies.
- A mini grant for learning materials (up to $4,000 during the project year).
Early learning centers interested in participating in the 2020 Quality Enhancement Project must be licensed centers in Cass, Clay, Jackson, Platte or Ray counties in Missouri. To be eligible, an early learning center must serve a maximum of 100 children and 30 percent of enrolled children must be recipients of the Missouri Child Care Subsidy.
If you or someone you know is interested in the 2020 Quality Enhancement Project, please contact Susan Duffey at 816-474-4240 or send an email to email@example.com.